Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wanasom Wellness and Aesthetic Resort






Yesterday, after our visit to the school, we spent the second half of the day traveling. First to the Nakon Si Thammarat airport, then on a flight to Bangkok, we ate dinner at the airport, and took one last flight to Chiang Mai. This meant we did not arrive to the hotel in Chiang Mai until 11:30 pm, and I have to admit I was pretty tired.

We spent the morning on the bus driving from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai, which was supposed to take only three hours, but our side shopping adventures made it take a bit longer. Chiang Rai is very close to the Golden Triangle, the place where Thailand, Myanmar, and Laos meet. There is not a bad view in the area-beautiful landscape every direction you look.

The Mae Fah Luang Univesity is our host her in Chiang Mai, and they are treating us incredibly well. After a delicious lunch we were given an excellent lecture this afternoon on the Greater Makong Area, which includes the countries and people relying on the Makong River, a river that travels through China (Tibet), Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam. These countries utilize the river for fish, plants, farming, water, transportation, energy (hydroelectric), and more, and they are working together to assure a good future for the river and the people it supports.

Then we had the opportunity to see our rooms at the Wanasom Wellness and Aesthetic Resort. I have never seen such a beautiful hotel. My room is bigger than my apartment, I have bathtub with jets in it, a deck (which I am currently sitting on) that overlooks the forest and has a mountain view, and an enormous bed. There are trees everywhere. I truly must be the luckiest person in the world.

If you ever have a chance to come to Thailand, and you are looking for a remote get-away, this is the place for you….it is like night and day from Bangkok. I love both, but I am sure the heck happy to be here right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment