Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thai versus Foreign Sizes

The other day we were given Fulbright Thailand t-shirts, which are really very cute. We P’Poon lined up the shirts for us to select sizes, I realized I would need the size she indicated as small….and it was actually big on me, which was confusing. It turns out that the “small” size was actually a 42, which is usually a medium or large.

When I asked her if she bought big sizes because Americans are fat, she denied it.

However, when we were at the cooking school last night they told us to come and select chefs jackets in large, extra large or extra, extra large.

So, I asked P’Poon again. She said that, when she called the t-shirt printing place, she told them she needed “foreign” sizes, which are bigger than Thai sizes. In other words, she ordered bigger shirts because Americans are, indeed, fatter than Thais.

We are going to be even bigger if we keep eating enormous meals three times a day! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment