Sunday, June 26, 2011

Reality TV Stars

One of the craziest things about being is Thailand is the amount of attention we seem to draw doing simple things…a group of 16 Americans is stare-worthy. In addition, Fulbright Thailand has arranged for some photographers and videographers to record most of our adventures.

At first, this attention made me feel slightly uncomfortable. At this point, however, I have to admit I am used to it and it seems normal to have somebody taking pictures of my drinking from a water bottle or taking notes during a lecture. One Fulbrighter mentioned that it felt like we are part of a weird reality tv show and I totally agree with that statement. I used to wonder why reality tv stars would do such stupid things knowing they were being filmed…but, at this point, I can understand it happening and I am not ruining out doing something ridiculous on film before this travel experience is complete.

We I return to Chicago, I am going to have a hard time when, once again, people generally find my daily habits and interactions down-right boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment