Saturday, July 2, 2011

The White Temple







Today we stopped at the beautiful Wat Rong Khun. The all white temple is the work of Thai artist Chalermachai Kositpipat.

This temple incorporates elements from typical Buddhist and Hindu temples, but in unconventional ways. There are several elements representing both purity and hell demonstrated throughout the temple. The white theme definitely has a dramatic effect, and I am glad we made a quick stop to see Wat Rong Khun.

As a final note, I would like to firmly state that I did not, in any way, touch the temple. This statement comes following being yelled at by a man with a microphone. I was also asked if I touched a monk the other day, which I did not. Apparently I look like a person would wants to touch things.

No comments:

Post a Comment