Saturday, July 23, 2011

Home

Well, I am back in Chicago.

It was a long trip-leaving the Montien Hotel at 5pm on Monday and arriving to my apartment 31 hours later. The journey included a flight to Seoul, which turned out to be the easiest part of the journey, since I was randomly upgraded to business class due to a "family situation" that required my original seat. Then, after a five hour lay-over in South Korea, I boarded the last flight of this journey (I think there were 14 total).

Being home has been strange. I am filled with all of these amazing stories, but I have not yet found an outlet...I will be excited to start working on my curriculum project, since I believe it will be a way for me to "get out" everything I've bottled up from the trip.

I miss Thai food a great deal. It has been a bummer preparing my own food, specially when it is time to eat it and there is no Tom Yum soup.

The heat has also been interesting, it has been crazy hot in Chicago-maybe I brought the weather from our time in Hanoi back with me! The biggest difference is the lack of air conditioning in my apartment, it has been hard to get over my jet lag because of the heat.

All-in-all, I can't yet say that it is good to be back, since the trip was so amazing and I wish it could have lasted forever, but I can say it feels like I am home--which, if I have to be somewhere besides Thailand, is a pretty nice place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment