Monday, May 16, 2011

Getting it together

I cannot believe I leave in less than a month for my journey to Thailand and Vietnam!

I had an appointment at the travel clinic a few weeks ago, and, after a few shots and prescriptions for various preventative medications, I am physically ready to go!

In terms of visas, I am not quite as ready...it turns out that something happened with my Thai visa application and, instead of a two entry visa, I received only a single entry visa. Although it sounds like this can be resolved before I go, it making a bit nervous. Luckily, there is a consulate in Chicago, and I am hoping to take time next Monday morning to visit in person.

I am also starting to plan what I need to pack. There are some clothing requirements making this more difficult that anticipated, including a rule about outfits that are only black, only white, or black and white. I need to have color in the outfit to wear to the royal palace. There are also rules about shoes. Luckily, the organizer of the trip sent photos of sample shoes and dresses for given portions of the trip-very helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment