Saturday, May 21, 2011

3 Weeks!

I will be leaving three weeks from tomorrow for my adventure in Thailand and Vietnam. Today, however, I got one step closer; I arranged my cat sitter. Yes, Trobbins and Letsie will be properly taken care of this summer.

I recently started thinking about what to pack. Luckily, I've been provided with some helpful information via email in terms of packing, including images of both appropriate and inappropriate shoes and dresses for different occasions. Of particular importance are sleeves, which I don't often wear when the temperature is over 80 degrees. For example, the brown dress is not considered appropriate for some of trip because of the sleeves, while the dress with the buttons is a good option. Knee length is also important, as are covered shoes (with no toe or side of feet showing). Knowing these cultural guidelines ahead of time makes the packing process easier, and I think I have some creative ideas for what to bring.

In addition to packing for myself, I've also started thinking of ideas for gifts to bring to my host families. I would like to bring something "Chicago-y," but I am thinking that Garrett's Popcorn might not travel well and all the snow is melted already. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment